Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, we went camping for the long weekend. We were originally supposed to go to the Okanagan for Hubs' brother's 50th birthday bash, but Andy shit the bed and never got his butt in gear to get a plan together for us to attend. He was a bit bent about it, but fine with me.

I have determined that I really do not have the overall love for camping. I do not sleep well, and definitely do not eat well. What I do truly like about camping though, is the socialness of it all. The more people around, the better. This weekend there was quite the group together out there from the Rugby team, and everyone had a baby last year so it was pretty chill. It was great. I even went out on the boat and did some tubing. I was a bit apprehensive to go out -- not sure why... In the back of my mind I was worried about my Little Dude should I happen to drown. Ridiculous? Once I got out there, I was out for atleast an hour. It was so much fun that I could not even straighten my arms out the next day from my muscles being so sore!

Ah... I am getting old. And lame.

We are going camping again this weekend... to Tumbler Ridge. Supposed to be absolutely beautiful there. Andy's best buddy is running a marathon there, and we are going for support. Yeah, the chubs are strictly spectators there for support. I also have an old friend that lives there who I will hopefully catch up with.

Here is a couple of photos of Hudson from this past weekend.

1. Hanging with a couple friends...

2. Future Rugby Player?
3. A little roughhousing already?

3 comments:

  1. It is particularly hard to go camping when you're the only one with a little one and everyone around you just wants to get pissed. You feel like a boring, stick-in-the-mud. It sucks. That is how all my camping trips have been this summer and it's really given me a real dislike for the whole experience.

    How fun for you to go with others who have kids! That would be kind of fun.

    Sounds like tubing was fun. Ah, it's been years since I've done anything of the sort. Glad you got to do that.

    Have fun in Tumbler Ridge. Say hi to T for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason made me go camping when Em was 6 weeks old with the JB & Cindy and their whole family, which meant, me stuck on shore while everyone fished the brains out and drank their faces off. not fun and was a very long time until I went again. We are off to Moberly this weekend. Jason was spose to call you to see if you would like to join us but apparently he "shit the bed" on that plan. Have fun in TR and say hi to Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those babies are TOO cute. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete