Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Remedy Please!

My little Lovebug has a brutal cold. I would be talking about Hudson of course! It has been absolutely horrible. I try to keep in perspective of how the poor bugger must feel when I am on the verge of insanity.

But oooh.... the whining!!!!

He has a barky cough, a runny nose (the one thing in life that gags the hell out of me), non-stop sneezing, and sounds as though he could pass for a 14 year old boy going through puberty. I waited yesterday at the walk-in clinic for nearly 3 hours for the doctor to tell me that it is viral and it will pass in 3 days. Sounds croupy to me with really loud barking,but he assured me that it's not. Doc said it may have been triggered by getting 3 new teeth in a little over a week.

As soon as he is feeling better we are going to get back in the sleep routine. Lately it seems like he is awake every hour from 2 am-6am. (Like I said-- verge of insanity). I have been averaging about 4 hours a night total. I am sure he would get batter faster if he would just get the rest he needs. He is not eating solids worth a hoot and I don't want to force feed him, but I can't keep up with his demand. (He has bit me twice now.) I had been doing formula and breastfeeding 50/50, and now that he is feeling extra sucky he only wants me. God forbid I leave his sight! He's happy in the tub and in his stroller, but if he coughs in public I feel like people are looking down on me. The doctor did give me a prescription, but said to get the antibiotics should he get a fever because his lungs sound clear. He sounds wheezy and cannot breathe through his nose. I think maybe I should get it, but he's the one with the degree?

Is there something that I could do at home? I have the vaporizer in his room and have been using the Baby Vapo-Rub. Any suggestions?




*Quick update without pertaining to his cold at all...*

Looks like we will likely have our house sold. We have accepted an offer, and the last thing left to do is the inspection which is booked for Monday. If this offer falls through, we have been given a back up one. Two offers pending! Yes! Possession will be September 25th on either offer. That would give us a month to have some sort of a plan. As for now, nothing. It's scary, yet a bit exciting. I am a planner, and not having a plan seems strange. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen. Congrats on the house! If Hudson's cough is dry, take him into a steam filled bathroom to breathe it in. Only stay in there as long as he is comfortable. It will break up the phlegm. Also at night some people say Vicks vapo rub on the soles of their feet works wonders. Good luck I hope he feels better soon. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the site but I could read the last page just as well.. this is cute. Well I did laugh and I won't point out your most insufferable word, but babies do come with that type of gear, (laughing). So congrats on the house! Wish I were there to help! Even a bit. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete