Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Dreaded Hair Appointment

After a great debate, I went back to the same *gasp* hairdresser as last time.


Living through the hell of the last experience, I pondered back and forth on whether or not to go. I had two options:

A: Now that she has gone through the embarrassment of having me call her to undo the orange damage, and put nearly 8 hours of her time into 'fixing' it, she would learn from her lesson and redeem herself.

B: Go to a new hairdresser altogether and hope it doesn't happen again.


Choosing the first option, I went in for another evening appointment. There she stood in front of me, happy as a clam. It took everything in me to put forth a phony positive attitude in return. (Feelings were likely mutual) I sat down, and she proceeded to 'dig' through my hair. Same as last time, she decides that just my roots needed to be touched up. I take a deep breath an hope for the best. After all, this is how our last visit started out.

Foils are in, now we wait.

Kirby and the other 2 hairdressers that are there go to the back room with the door closed. With my mind getting away from me, I can't help but think that they are talking about me-- the Client From Hell. I am stewing in my chair, and cannot wait for this appointment to be over so I will never have to return again. I will tell everyone that I know how shitty this place is and what
I think of the lack of professionalism.

Out she comes, and we are ready for a rinse. Here we go, brace yourself for the burning scalp cause you know she's going to have to tone it 4 times again.

Nope. Nothing!

And..... She TOTALLY redeems herself with the head massage! The longest, most put-forth effort of a head massage. I am not going to lie, it was AMAZING! It went on forever, and I took it all in. Maybe my head was extra tense, or possibly that was what they were discussing in the back room? Whatever the case, she rocked it.

So, no toning... no orange roots... no burning scalp... no shitty cut*... and the best part... NO INSANE BILL!

Guess you are better off to go into the situation disappointed and be pleasantly surprised should things turn out for the good.



*I am going to be growing this hairstyle out a bit, preferably back to what it was a couple of appointments ago. I truly get compliments on it but I just don't feel like it's me.

1 comment:

  1. I was cringing for ya on the way to the appointment and SHOCKED you even considered a drive by... but hey it turned out. I guess you are more forgiving than me. However, once again, you hair always looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete