Saturday, August 22, 2009

Alone Time

Today my Husband put a lot of rage in my heart. I feel bad for doing this post even before I get the chance to talk to him about my feelings. But if he were at home, I could do so.

Saturday is Rugby day. I have known this for the last 4 years. Hubs decided not to play this year after we had a lengthy conversation about how he is self employed, and if he were to get hurt this year as bad as he did last year we would not have an abundant income should he be unable to work. (Last year was a broken eye socket and a concussion.)

This year, every home game we have to go and watch. I do not understand the game, and still I tag along to be supportive. I chat with the other wives, and Hudson gets to visit with the other babies.

Today there was a home game. I did not want to go at all. I did end up going, only because we have not seen much of Andy these days, and though it would be a quick couple of hours there before we could do something together as a family.

So after he is driving like he is on a mission, we get there a few minutes late. I made the mistake of letting him go ahead because Hudson was sleeping. I round up the stroller, and head over to catch up for a bit with some of the wives. After the game, we go back to the clubhouse so Andy can have a beer or two.... A short while later Andy is not around. I get tired of wondering where he is, and make it up in my mind that I am going home. The little dude and I have had a long week with his teeth, and he missed his nap earlier in the afternoon anyway.

Just as I start packing up to go home, Andy appears. I let him know that we needed to do a diaper change and a nap. He gets a long face, and a bit huffy because I said that we had been there long enough, and wanted to go home. He gets all pissy about how I never want to do anything and that I am BORING. (Good thing he has the rest of his life to be stuck with his boring wife!)

I simply asked him what he would like to do other than hang out and drink beer. I do not drink at all when I am out with Hudson and driving, and they did not have water or even a pop there. It's hot and sunny out and I want to go... End of story. We can make a plan in the car or when we get home! It was 5:30, and we should make a plan for dinner anyway.

He wants to stay. I gave him his phone and drove away.

I get home, do the diaper change, put Hudson down for a short nap. I sent Andy a text, explaining to him that it breaks my heart that he thinks that I/We are so boring. Have a good time with his buddies, and call when you want a ride to come home. I hope he feels guilty.

Really I do.

I would feel bad if he never got to do anything EVER, but just a few days ago he went on his Man/fishing trip. Gimme a break.

Is it wrong of me to want to do things as a family? Am I over reacting?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely not overreacting. someone needs to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even during motherhood and all the time that little man takes up, you are far from boring!!!

    ReplyDelete