Monday, July 13, 2009

Today...

Oh what a day!

I played the role of Suzy Homemaker all day today. I scrubbed, grocery shopped and slaved in the kitchen all day. I made cookies, supper (I make the greatest marinated veg on the BBQ), deli sandwiches ready to go in the fridge, and egg combo-things for breakfast sandwiches.

Lastly, I took another attempt at making the home-made baby food. I buy him the organic ready-to-go kinds on a regular basis, but find that alot of them are quite high in sodium. (I am a label reader for everything). Hudson eats sweet potatoes like they are going out of style, so I thought it would be an easy thing to adjust to if I made it myself. I baked the sweet potatoes in the oven on low for a couple of hours. I peeled, I diced, I blended. I added some boiled water and some low-sodium stock to them, making a similar texture as the jar stuff.

Well, as luck would have it... He hates them! Yep, *GAGS* like I am feeding him pureed liver. The same thing happened when I tried a little while ago to make some using fresh pears. I gently steamed them using the sweet, over-ripe ones. I have also bought a butternut squash (also another fave of his), and am not even going to take the time on that one just yet. I like to think that I am a good cook, but it looks like he hates his Mama's cooking! I froze them in ice cube trays, so I will have to keep trying.


On another note, we got an offer on our house tonite. We put the private sign up in our yard last Sunday night. We have been discussing what to do with the situation. We could jump on it, and then figure things out OR counter-offer and see where it takes us. It has, after all, been just 8 days.

Outlaws come tomorrow. They were supposed to come today but had a delay in plans, giving me a day's grace. Yesssss!



Took a couple of photos today, just around the house.

#1: Yet another after bath time. I love, love, love him with this hair slicked and in black & white.


#2: Brushing his 'tooth'.


#3: Staring down his new 'best friend'. He is not crawling YET, but very soon. He gets on all fours, and rocks back and forth.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures, especially the after-bath one. So sweet.

    You got an offer on your house after only 8 days!? Wow. The market must definitely be way better where you live. No houses are moving around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!

    Fortunately enough, we live in the old part of town with the character houses with huge beautiful yards, which have always been great for resale.
    We counter-offered this morning, hoping to get a bit more $... after all we don't want to jump on the first offer after only 8 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys usually have some pretty great luck with house selling -- good luck with this one.

    Great pics of Hudson -- it's been way too long since we've had a visit. Soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete